27.4.10

Etiquette to consider while aboard public transit

1. If you're visiting from abroad, and are socializing with one of your fellow countrymen on public transit, maybe you would be kind enough to keep your conversation from veering into how much you hate the city you're currently visiting?!
It doesn't bother me that your boring-ass hates Toronto...maybe you can just be polite enough to remember that you're still IN Toronto!
BAD MOUTH US ALL YOU WANT ONCE YOU'RE GONE!! JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE NOT ON THE TTC, DURING MORNING RUSH HOUR!!
I LOVE THIS CITY, AND I HATE HEARING HOW AN INGRATE LIKE YOU HATES IT!!!! GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!


2. Speaking of rush hour - I understand, IT'S PACKED!!
But maybe now isn't the optimal time to finish that article on page C12 of the Toronto Star. DON'T UNFURL THAT SHIT WHEN IT'S NOSE TO NOSE ON THE STREETCAR!! Wait until you have a roomy seat to yourself. All I know, is that I certainly don't want prominent newsprint on my cheek when I walk into work this morning.


3. Maybe chatting to your Rogers Communications representative on speaker phone isn't necessary while you're on a packed streetcar? Do you really need to hear the kind of deals they're offering on home phones AT THIS EXACT MOMENT!?!?
Word of advice - shouting your SIN number into your phone, and then having her confirm it (all the while on speaker phone) isn't all that wise.
Pete Cole SIN number 256 452 337 HERE I COME!!!

No comments: