28.2.12

APM update

In regards to My 29 before 30 challenge I've made for myself:

1. Finally visit New York City - plans are in motion to visit in April (fingers crossed)
2. Conquer my debt! - I've started a financial journal to track my spending, and so far it's worked the same way a food journal hits me - I'm afraid to write down that I had the balls to spend $50 on hair product, SO I AVOID IT ALL TOGETHER! No success yet on whittling down my debt, but I haven't been adding to it, which is a start!
3. Complete Couch to 5k app
4. Run a 5k
5. Take a creative writing course - I've registered for a few classes through Writers Village University - the first one (entitled Writing Boosters-Story Starters #1)starts tomorrow
6. Take an improv comedy class - Investigating my options, but will probably settle on going to a few drop-in classes at Second City...waiting for a friend brave enough to try it with me!
7. Wear all the makeup/high heels that I own! - I have actively been trying to wear more makeup at work, but eyeshadow still scares the crap out of me, and I refuse to wear it outside of my bathroom. The high heel part of the deal - notsomuch….I'm having an operation on my toe tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be teetering around the city before summer hits
8. Make a new friend - helllllooooo!???!?!?!!
9. Read at least one book a month - SO FAR SO GOOD!! I'm almost done the second book from The Hunger Games (don't judge - they're a quick, and painless read), and I've signed out a whack load from the library (Jessica Mitford's "American Way of Death", Francesca Lia Block's "Pink Smog", and a few how-to's relating to Comedy Writing that go along with my creative writing courses I'm taking online)
10. Visit Anna in CA - If there are deals of flights (even if I have to haul my ass to Buffalo), SEND 'EM MY WAY!!!
11. Throw 2nd annual American Thanksgiving celebration
12. Make a hard cover book of our wedding photos - Groupon purchased! I even bought an extra one to throw all of our Riviera Maya photos into!
13. Take my etsy site more seriously, and update at least once every 2 months
14. Learn to have a more positive outlook in my day to day life
15. Become a Big Sister of Toronto - this is proving more difficult than I had expected…I sent in an application, got a generic email bounce back telling me that the only location where Big Sisters were being accepted was in the bowels of Scarborough. I'm not giving up, but I'm feeling slightly defeated at the moment
16. PORTION CONTROL! - Done and done! Just don't catch me on a day where I'm feeling sorry for myself as I may accidentally drown my sorrows in the largest Butter Chicken Roti I can find
17. (as mentioned earlier) Do not buy one article of clothing unless 100% necessary - I HAVE 100% BEEN ON THIS, AND IT'S THE MOST LIBERATING THING! I think it's safe to say it has changed the way I shop all together
18. Take a hip hop dance class (and stop dancing awkwardly at weddings!)
19. Learn how to do a tarot card reading
20. Have the forethought to make Christmas presents for people in 2012
21. Post on my blog at least once a week - I think I'll hit my stride by March/April…I'm too bogged down in watching Six Feet Under
22. Host a board game night
23. Frame everything that's hanging on our walls
24. Keep an offline journal - I'm going to give myself a bit of a break here, and I've successfully started keeping both a food, and finance journal…my shitty emotions can take a back seat while I sort through my other problems, no?!
25. Lose 25lbs - 8.2lbs down, and 16.8lbs to go!
26. Learn how to paint
27. Overcome my dislike for Bikram yoga
28. Visit a psychic
29. Find out more about my dad's elusive childhood

2 comments:

annie said...

At the risk of being a frigging pushy idiot here, um, I bolunteer me for #6 and #8!

PIZZA said...

SOLD!!!!