28.2.12

My February Glymm Box

DIS-A-FUCKIN'-POINTING!!!
Glymm is skating on some thin ice in my books....I'm going to give them another month or so to try and redeem themselves (I'm also hoping that maybe if I can hang on until the summer monthes, that I'll be able to bulk up in the bougie sunscreen department)
This is what the company scrounged up for this month's shipment:


GLAMGLOW Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask

I'm holding off on using this itty-bitty sample, who's full-size counterpart costs $78. I've been suckered into thinking I neeeeeeeeeed a product I tried out via Glymm before, so I'm waiting for a day when I'm holed up at home, with dry flaky skin. Fingers crossed it secretly sucks!!

Burt's Bees
Tinted Lip Balm

Thanks Glymm, I'm really glad I shell out $10/month to have something delivered to my house that I could pick up myself in shitty Parkdale?! I'M TRYING TO ABSORB A BIT MORE CULTURE THROUGH YOUR SERVICE, NOT IDENTIFY THE PRODUCTS THAT I ALREADY KNOW ARE AVAILABLE TO ME....NEEEEXXXTTTTTT!!!!

Sula Smoke and Mirrors Eye Shadow
When you first sign up for Glymm, they have you fill out this extensive "what does beauty mean to me?" survey to get a feel for what kind of products to send you. I'm glad they have their finger on the pulse, and were able to pinpoint my love for shimmery, silver eyeshadow (blech!) - maybe I wasn't clear enough in my descriptions of
"I WANT PRODUCTS THAT HELP CARE FOR MY SKIN - I AM ONE OF THOSE WOMEN WHO WANT TO LOOK LIKE THEY'RE WEARING LITTLE TO NO MAKEUP."
I don't recall ever mentioning that I wanted to emulate a disco hoe from the 90s rave scene (in the face)

Mai Couture 2-in-1 Oil Blotting-Bronzing Papier
Boy am I relieved that a product has surfaced that not only caters to the "shiny in the face" crowd (way to get it right again, Glymm!) but to those that envy that"St. Tropez in the dead of February" look.
And don't even get me started on how they're trying to class up their version of waxed paper w/ some bronzer sprayed onto it as "papier".
Not to mention that you'll be paying $24 if you become an addict of this weird product.

I'm out.....

No comments: