I don't know what it is about My Chemical Romance....maybe it's their similarity (in a way) to being kind of like a next generation Queen - BUT THEY'RE KIND OF IN MY TOP TEN, GUYS!!!!
Few concerts have I attended, where I find myself (mid-song) pumping my fists, while surrounded by squealing teens - and not wanting to rip out my reproductive organs.
I remember the first time I was asked the question "YO DUDE - WHO WOULD PERFORM AT YOUR DREAM CONCERT?! ANY ERA - ANY GENRE! GO NUTS!!"
I distinctly remember the first dude that asked me this question - we were both camp counsellors, and I have a feeling he was sussing me out, trying to figure out my "cool factor," and how dull his summer would end up being.
SORRY SPORT CHEK!
To my defence, his "dream line up" found Bob Marley jammin' with Dave Matthews, with a side of Bob Dylan.
MY DREAM CONCERT LINE UP WOULD INCLUDE:
- Andrew WK (who, when not on stage bleeding from his face, would be chillin' with me, watching pig races, and drinking sangria)
- Afrika Bambaataa
- My Chemical Romance
- Captain Beefheart (only come on to perform "Abba Zabba," as I kind of hate all of the other stuff)
- Black Flag (Henry Rollins era, DUH!)
- The Fat Boys
- Slayer (only their epic jams though - I don't want a big snooze fest taking over my party!)
- John Legend (SO H-O-T!!!!!!!!!!)
- The B-52's, only to be joined by Biggie, dressed in a ridiculously outfit