21.12.11

My December Glymm Box!



I'll be 100% honest - I was really looking forward to what Glymm would do for their subscribers with the December box.
Seeing as there are holiday parties left, right, and center, I was expecting a little something extra with this month's arrival.
Don't get me wrong...

Yves Saint Laurent La Parisienne

Ever wonder what happens to all of the magazine perfume samples from fashion magazines? If you're like me, you rip out the intriguing (expensive) ones, and stash them away for some important event where the 3 perfumes you already own just won't do. Inevitably however, you end up with a mountain of expired, opened by the hands of time (and the expiration of the adhesive holding it together) junk.
Thanks Glymm for introducing me to the world of wee perfume samples in fancy glass bottles!
Look out for me on an upcoming episode of Hoarders: Buried Alive.
I'll be the broad buried under sample size containers of beauty products.

Ahava Mineral Hand Cream

I have unnaturally sweaty hands. Remind me to tell you about the time in grade 4, during a rehearsal for a school play, I had to shake Mr. Bain's hand. And instead of taking my sweaty hand in stride (like a true gentleman), he recoiled in disgust and quite audibly told the whole gym that my hands were SWWEEAAATTTTTYYYY!!!!
What I'm trying to say is - hand cream and I aren't meant to be pals.
The second I apply, the phone inevitably rings, or the cat wants attention.
I know I should moisturize (for fear of having fruit leather hands at 40), but until it becomes a dire situation, my hands will uncomfortably moisturize themselves thanks!

Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Mask

This one product redeems the fact that they sent me sparkly pink lip gloss. I'm saving this for my vacation in late January (looking forward to being that dick on the streetcar who has a tan in February), but I can already tell you that as I age this product will become more and more prevalant in my skincare regime. Thanks to Glymm, Caudalie products have made a definite (positive) impact on me, and without even trying this product, I can safely give it an A+ for making my skin look a hell of a lot healthier than it actually is.

Sula Beauty Natural Lip Gloss

Does anyone have a teen daughter/sister/niece that needs a stocking stuffer?

No comments: