21.11.11

I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVEN'T SHOUTED ABOUT THIS FROM THE ROOFTOPS YET!!!

MY NOVEMBER GLYMM BOX ARRIVED!!!

from left to right:
(as if I need incentive to buy ANOTHER pair of shoes that'll just end up sitting with the others?!)

I'm quickly becoming a LW convert - last month saw me praising their lip pencil, and now I'm complimenting this serum to hell and back (I've been on this skin care kick lately because I think I woke up one morning last week after downing a bag of Doritos and feared that my face was in perma-bloat mode - this product reminded me that you only get nice skin when you work at it - unless you're one of those angel skinned bitches who best not be sitting next to me at brunch on a hungover Sunday)

I'm keeping this product in my aresnal for my tropical vacation in late January - I have a sincere hatred for hotel toiletries, and will need handfuls of products to make me feel even slightly able to combat whatever Mexico feels like throwing at my skin/hair.
Glymm is trying to make me believe that Gwyneth Paltrow is devoted to this product to keep her boring hair radiantly bland.
LET'S SEE HOW IT STANDS UP AGAINST MY "BRED TO PARTY, IN PIZZA WE TRUST" TRESSES!

I HAVE IT ON MY FACE AS WE SPEAK!!!
I went to a makeup workshop this weekend (to try and better understand what it's like to have a comfortably made up face), and she really drilled it home that it's not so much about the makeup you put on your face, as it is the quality of skin that the makeup is going onto.
I already have a pretty intense skincare regime, but having this product show up on my doorstep just kicked it up another notch!
I highly recommend this as a "damn it's cold out, if only there was a concoction that made my skin feel less horrific while standing outside waiting for the streetcar" cream.
I FELT LIKE A MILLION BUCKS (with bed head, and sleepies in my eyes)!

For some reason, fashion magazines/bloggers latch onto particular products and don't let go until they've promoted the shit out of it - and in the case of RGB Nail Lacquer, I don't quite understand the hype.
It's nail polish, plain and simple.
Glymm was smart about it and didn't send me an unflattering colour - but nothing about the brand wanted to make me strip off my current nail polish (SALLY HANSEN THAT'S ON SALE AT SHOPPER'S DRUG MART - HAAAIII), and cover my nails in luxury....I'll probably end up putting this in my mom's Christmas stocking.
Sorry, RGB - but the fact that you've collaborated with Urban Outfitters actually makes me kind of hate you even more.
www.teenswithtoomuchcash.com

Let's be honest - I'm terrified to try this product.
It's something about the words GEL and EYELINER that make me cringe, and have me imagining myself crippled over the sink screaming in pain because I doused my eyeball with "smudge gel"....fingers crossed that I have two operational eyeballs for the holidays!

No comments: