13.10.11

Nudo Italia


My parents received the second portion of their Christmas present (from 2010) yesterday evening - the second batch of olive oil from their adopted olive tree 


The first batch (after being put on a ship, and travelling allllll the way from Italy) arrived on my parents doorstep in March, and because they were generous enough to share, I got to test the olive oil out first hand.

Now I'm going to preface what I'm about say with:
I don't have the most delicate palate in the world. To be honest, I can't tell the difference between Diet Coke, and Pepsi.  
So being able to decipher particular flavour notes in a dollop of olive oil is almost a superhero feat.

I HAVE NEVER TASTED OLIVE OIL THAT I HAVE WANTED TO GUZZLE IN LARGE QUANTITIES BEFORE.

If you're looking for a truly unique gift for that person who has everything (HI DAD!), I would 100% recommend having this in your back pocket.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I forgot about that! That such a terrific gift . . . so glad to get an update on it. Was the packaging that pretty, too? You so the best internetter I know, alexis.

PIZZA said...

I wasn't expecting such a modern design - I was terrified that it was going to be an old tyme glass bottle with terrifying wrought iron designs.
Phew for the changing of the times, huh?!